Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thing 4:Photosharing with Flickr

I signed up for Flickr back in the fall, and uploaded some photos I took of New York. Then the parent of one of my son's friends sent some pictures of a Lego competition they were in.


I recently posted some photos of Minnesota's Statehood Day, and am hooked! Using the suggestions from 23 Things, I added notes to a few photos. This allows you to enhance images and add interesting facts, a great tool for student projects.


Using the "Blog" tool, you can easily add an image to your blog from Flickr, such as the one below. In Flickr, this photo is tagged, noted and mapped! Then I made some changes to the photo using a 3rd party site called Picnik. Picnik allows you to edit the photo very easily on-line, though some of the more interesting features required a premium account.
Here is the original, and in the post above, you can view the updated photo with Picnik.







Professional Library

No response to “Thing 4:Photosharing with Flickr”