Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thing 15: Online Games in Education and Libraries

For this "Thing" I started by downloading and playing "Puzzle Pirates, an interactive game that requires software installation that may destroy your hard drive ;-), and 8 minutes of data downloads prior to play. As the father of a 9 1/2 year old, I thought this would be an interactive environment that he might enjoy trying this summer (As long as he doesn't see the "Buy Puzzle Pirate cards at Target" banner!).
After creating your pirate, in my case "Boogleyboo", you're ready to learn how to pillage!
I liken it to "Second Life meets Webkins" but with a pirate theme! It seemed very well developed and if given more time, might be a good learning tool.

I also logged in to Second Life and checked out Info Island. I have been using Second Life for about 3 months, and have found some resources that have me wondering how best to incorporate SL into 6-12 education.

No response to “Thing 15: Online Games in Education and Libraries”