Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thing 31: More Twitter

I have been using Twitter pretty heavily now for the past year, texting sms messages to 40404 from my phone, using Tweetdeck from my desktop, or gadgets from my Netvibes page to post.
For this thing, I chose to use two free services, Ping.fm and SpinVox. Ping is a site that allows you to post to all of the popular social networks from one location. Rather than logging in to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc individually, you can do so once on Ping, and post to all. There is a similar feature with Tweetdeck, which allows you to post either to Twitter, Facebook or both.
By adding the SpinVox feature, I will be able to call 1-202-684-7653 from my phone, and speak my message. Spinvox converts the voice message to text and will post it to Twitter. It also will add the voice comment if you want it to! This will come in handy while I'm driving across the country in the next couple of weeks on vacation!
I'll have to speak more clearly though, as I really said, "I'm testing out Ping and SpinVox from my Phone!"

One response to “Thing 31: More Twitter”

Wally said...

I just started "Tweeting" this week. Have you found ways to have Twitter be a productivity tool as well as a social networking vehicle?